Depth of Field shoot

In this practice depth of field image I aimed to focus on the flower and surrounding leaves with the background blurred. To improve this image I should have shot one at a different angle for a more aesthetic photo, for example the front of the flower. 

Emilia shot this image of myself holding a cherry tree branch. She used the ISO filter 'shade' which enhanced the shadows. The focus is at the centre of the branch and blurs out at the corners of the image. Emilia aimed to catch the focus on the fingers holding the branch.

For this photo, I aimed to create the focus on the three daisies with the hand and ground out of focus. The widest aperture on the Canon 650D is 5.8. This meant that when I took this image the background was partially blurry.  To overcome this, I zoomed the camera in closer to the daisies so there was no distractions in the background enhancing the depth of field. Emilia's hand in the background helped accentuate the close up focus of the subject.

In this image, I aimed to create a focus on Emilia while having the long grass in the foreground blurred. This worked well however the grass seemed too close to the camera. 

In this image I aimed to focus on the vibrant flower which was successful as the image is sharp. The background is left out of focus and the foreground vegetation slightly blurs at the corner of the shot creating a central focus.

For this image of collective daisies it was a challenge to be close enough as it was close to the ground causing the focus to shift often. This meant the one daisy in the foreground is slightly out of focus. To improve this photo I would take it from a different angle to catch the detail in one daisy and make one more central.

In this photo Emilia shot of myself, she aimed to create a focus on the metal bar and intricate details while leaving the subject in the background out of focus. I think this was successful and the lighting enhances this.

In this photo shot by Emilia, she aimed to focus on the cherries and my face while leaving the surrounding building in the background out of focus.  Emilia wanted the cherries to be clearer so would have to move the camera closer to the branch.

Comments

Popular Posts