Shutter Speed

On the Canon camera we used Tv mode which allows us to adjust the shutter speed while the camera automatically chooses the aperture and ISO.
This was my first attempt at shutter speed. In this picture, I aimed for Emilia's hand to sweep across her face with some detail to create a motion blur effect. I used a shutter speed of 1/4 which didn't capture the detail of her hands as it was too high. To improve this image I could take the shot in a slightly darker location as there is a lens glare on the image from the sun being too strong.


In this shot I aimed to capture Emilia as she jumped high in the air. This worked well as I managed to capture her in focus mid air. When editing I added a motion blur effect while maintaining the focus on her to create a more professional looking shot.

Hydrokinesis ツ




Emilia shot this image of myself as I threw water up in the air. This shot looks really good as she managed to create the focus on the water while it was in the air for a millisecond. This could be improved if I had a direct gaze at the camera to look more professional. The water looks as if it is coming out of my hands.



Head in the clouds

I shot this image of Emilia and aimed to create a blur of her face while keeping the focus on her. I think the ISO was slightly too high as her white shirt seems a bit over exposed. She is centrally framed and the background is not too busy.



Emilia the fairy godmother :)


These images shot by myself are of Emilia blowing glitter at the camera. Unfortunately, it was very windy at the location where we were which meant that the glitter blew out of the frame before I captured the image. However, in the first shot the red glitter is reflective from the light of the sun which creates a magical effect. In the second image the glitter creates a kind of bokeh effect as the glitter disperses around the camera lens.
Emilia shot this image of myself. I aimed to blow bubbles however when we took the pictures the bubbles weren't picked up on camera due to them being transparent and the camera focusing on other objects. This image is photoshopped to portray what we attempted to do if successful.



These are two more images of us experimenting with capturing water at a fast shutter speed. The first image is shot by Emilia and the second by Zuzanna. In both images the water is in focus however the lighting is different. The second photo is more dramatic as we took in low key lighting. Before uploading I adjusted the brightness and colour of this image as it was quite dark.



The first image is the original in which we aimed to throw playing cards from behind the subject to create a mysterious and magical photo. Laura and Emilia threw the cards from behind the archway. I shot multiple images of Zuzanna in the archway at short intervals seconds apart. This helped to capture different images with the cards in the air.

For the second edited image I overlapped all the shots as she was standing still and the camera was on a tripod. This created the illusion there were more cards in one image. Both images are slightly grainy as the natural sunlight was blocked from the position the camera was standing.


Comments

Popular Posts